Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting up and running.

Alright, I'm starting a blog to follow my regular dealings in para medicine. I have worked on a 911 ambulance in Santa Clara County California  for almost 6 1/2 years...5 years as an EMT and a shade over a year as a paramedic. I've had quite a few requests from friends who have been following my pictures, and comments to start a blog to chronicle these things in more depth, so here you go.

What I will be writing about and showing here will be the quirky, interesting, non-interesting, fun, laughable, stories and pictures I encounter on the streets on Santa Clara County. What I won't be sharing here are the ghastly and private things I also encounter as a paramedic on a regular basis. So, if you're looking for that, this isn't the place.

This is meant to be fun, that's the bottom line.

Santa Clara County is a great place to work as a paramedic. We are always busy, with call volumes reaching 300+ per day regularly.  We have an incredible, highly trained work force of EMT's and paramedics here that I'm proud to call my co-workers. Santa Clara County is as culturally diverse an area as anyone could imagine, and that's also one of the reasons why I like working here.

I hope you enjoy the things I share here, please pass along to anyone interested.....

1 comment: